Sunday, November 13, 2011

Surviving Food Poisoning, Object Throwing, and Rain Without Proper Tarp Set Up

Survival is what many people around the country and world have been doing for 3 years. It is a little easier to survive in this world with a home, toilet, shower, food and clothing. It's when you have lost all those things and are on the streets, that survival takes on a new meaning. It takes a strong person to survive on the streets. Sometimes we land on the streets by our own actions. Sometimes it is because of what others do to us, and our broken political system.

Friday night I started to feel sick to my stomach. I had the symptoms of the flu or food poisoning. I got really sick and had to deal with this, in the midst of a rain storm, under a tarp while cold and wet. Up all night, throwing up and having diarrhea I did not sleep. Saturday my stomach was still in distress. But things needed to be dried and our tarp needed repair. We worked on the tarp to make it more waterproof and dried all the bedding and items that were soaked.

If amazes me that people care so much for a fetus surrounded by amniotic fluid, but when that fetus becomes a live human they don't give a rats ass about that person. What in the hell is wrong with this world. Spending millions of dollars to stick up for an unborn fetus, but not concerned about the poverty stricken all over the country and world. There is something terribly wrong with this. I have been abused by our political system, my family and many other people and I am not shutting up.

None of us at Occupy San Diego had to get wet, along with all our belongings. If we could have put up tents to store our belongings and protect us from the rain, it wouldn't have been a problem. But the San Diego police, mayor and city council don't give a damn about people. And if they did and are claiming they are following orders, they should quit their jobs and join us. I am tired of hearing excuses about why we can't occupy with tents. I am tired of people protecting a fetus not born, who don't give a damn about live humans!